Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's a Handmade Revolution!


Yeah!!! I was awarded my first blogger award!!! Actually, I was awarded the "Kreativ Blogger" award twice! (So is that two separate awards if it's for the same award? I don't care! I'll take what I can get! :-) "Thank you's" to the lovely and talented Michelle Eaton and to the lovely and talented Shonna Bucaroff. Check out the fab work of these two wonderful artistas!!!

So here goes. 7 facts about me:

1. I was an actor in LA which meant that I did a lot of odds-and-ends jobs, including background work on a gob of television shows and a game show where I had to stay awake for 24 hours and then perform physical tasks while answering questions. The game-show bit is not all that different from my life now. :-) And the rest sounds way more glamorous than it was. But, oh, the stories...
2. I think Indian food is divine. I could go for that right now.
3. If I had the means and time to do it, I would be a total groupie for "WovenHand."
4. I danced for 18 years, and I have the creaky joints to show for it.
5. I successfully avoided diapers until I had a Boog of my own.
6. I enjoy a good cigar. BAD, I know!!!
7. I'm Scottish, German, Cherokee, and Osage. So I guess that makes me a Scotch-German-Native American.

And the 7 bloggers that I am bestowing the award to are (drumroll please!):
1. Jolie
2. Julie-Anne
3. Darla
4. Pinkglitterfae
5. Amy
6. Nicola
7. Lisa


I know that I should probably write a new post, but leap with me. There is continuity here, I promise! These blog awards are fantastic, and what an amazing opportunity to be able to see each other's work and to gain insight about each wonderful artist and to offer feedback. It's just dawning on me how connected we are and how we are a part of something truly special! We are in a Handmade Revolution!
No matter if things are slow for you right now in finding your particular audience or if you are rockin' out, I am thankful to be a part of such an inspiring group!
So here are my latest creations: "Alice's Reign" and a little owl bib necklace.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of slogans for our movement. "Make crafts. Not war."--too cliche. "Artisans do it with their hands." --kind of makes me giggle like a 14-year-old. "Handmade...embracing the human touch."

10 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

congratulations on the award!
Love the new painting!!

I like "artisans do it with their hands" as a slogan it would make a great car bumper sticker ;)

Micki x

Jackie said...

Congrats on the award:) Love love your blog. Your art makes me happy!

Jennifer Williams said...

Congratulations on your award!

The White Mole said...

Congratulations on your much-deserved award and thank you for creating your talent and inspiring blog with the rest of us!!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Autumn! Congrats on both of your awards! You truly deserve them. Wonderful facts about you. It must have been so cool to be an actor and dancer for so long. Love your latest creations! Handmade Revolution is fabulous! Really cool slogans too!

Thanks so much for passing on the love! I really appreciate it!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Aya Smith said...

What an awesome mix you are! I am German/Japanese... it's almost similar! haha! :)

Unknown said...

Hi, I just found your blog, and I love it, congrats on the awards too. And i absolutely looove your little owl bib necklace!

Autumn said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet and thoughtful comments! I am finding that I am quite addicted to hearing from you all... Please don't stop! :-)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi again Autumn! Thanks so much for coming to my Halloween Party! So glad you enjoyed yourself. I had a great time playing around with photos and ideas. Stay tuned for part 2 coming soon! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

Julie said...

I love Alice! Also, remember our blog-bashing session during our first semester?

Related Posts with Thumbnails