Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's Official -- I'm In Print!!!


Here she is, folks! The premiere issue of Jewelry Affaire, and she is absolutely lovely! Yours truly is featured, and I am so honored and thrilled to be in a publication that is 1.) Stunning. And 2.) Filled to its gorgeous brim with outstanding and talented artisans. If you want to be inspired, don't hesitate to grab a copy. You won't be disappointed!

Jewelry Affaire reflects the heart and soul of its wonderful editor, Beth Livesay. When she contacted me last fall to submit a piece, I was ecstatic. By the time my issue arrived in the mail, all composure was gone; and I tore into it, well, like how I tear into pastries when my blood sugar is low. :-) I then proceeded to corner unsuspecting neighbors (you are all dears, you know) and yap nonsensically about said magazine. (Small aside: Beth also has another publication that is equally jaw-dropping: Altered Couture. I love this magazine. Period.)
















An interesting thing about the magazine is being featured with other artists whose work I've admired--some for quite a while now and others whom I've just discovered. It brought back to me again how connected we all are as artists and what an exciting time it is to be an artist! You just never know where your work will end up or what kind of friendships/collaborations you will forge. Kind of thrilling, don't ya think?!











My article boils down to this: You don't have to know what you're doing to be creative. It's that simple. Sometimes you just have to get started--build upon what you do know and learn as you go. I definitely have some projects this week where I'm going to practice what I preach. Are there any creative projects on your horizon where you can throw caution to the wind and "wing it?"


12 comments:

Jaz Higgins said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! What a beautiful beautiful addition you offer to the magazine. Thanks for sharing! :)

debi said...

I've been a fan of Sommerset Publications since 1994. What a privilege to be featured in one! And is it just to exciting to have your name in "lights"!! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! congrats, congrats!!! being in print would be the highest honor imaginable! lovely, lovely piece!

Diane said...

This is so exciting and what a compliment to be in this publication. Wonderful!!!

Lindsey said...

congrats :) that's awesome!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting - and what a lovely piece that is highlighted with the article. Theresa

Chigger Hill Cottage said...

Congratulations!!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting! And what a gorgeous piece you made. I definitely enjoy learning by doing best, that is how I began painting! :) ~Lauren

Unknown said...

congratulations, I love your art, I just found your blog, and I think you are so talented! it is great to see Artists being successful!

Dayna said...

Congratulations Autumn! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you as I've visited Rachel and her family!

Melinda said...

Wow that's awesome! I love making bib necklaces. Your pieces are gorgeous. Where can I buy this magazine?

Jenn said...

SO COOL Autumn! Congrats, I have to go find it and B&N now!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails